Waredaca Horse Trials in Laytonsville, MD:
- Malia Gibert with Wave Acide: 8th in Novice Rider-B
FADS @ Celebration Farm in Union Bridge, MD:
- Glenda Player with Lil Man: 3rd in Intro Level, Test A
- Marilyn Cross with Tailor Made: 4th in Intro Level, Test A
- Angela Mansfield with Amazing Grace: 1st in Intro Level, Test C; 4th in Intro Level, Test B
- Zoe Purser with PL Lucky Indy: 1st in Training Level, Test 1; 1st in Training Level, Test 2
- Ashley Redman with PL Irish Pearl: 2nd in Training Level, Test 2; 4th in Training Level, Test 3
Equestrian Institute Horse Trials in Cle Elum, WA:
- Alexis Larson with PL Diamond’s Inspiration: 2nd in Jr. Training
Glenda with Ashley and Sofia earlier in the weekend.
5/25-26: The Maryland Horse Trials Starter #3 (Adamstown, MD)
- Sofia Tamayo with Kenlake: 8th in Beginner Novice-D
- April Tennyson with Maid of Duhallow: 6th in Beginner Novice-A
5/23-26: Virginia CCI & Horse Trials (Lexington, VA)
- Olivia Howell with PL Lucky Valentine: 13th in Open Modified-B
Big CONGRATS to Alexis Larson wand PL Diamond’s Inspiration on their 5th place finish in the Jr. Training division at the Spokane Sport Horse Farm Horse Trials in Washington State!
Have a Playland homebred? Be sure to email us with updates!
4/28: FADS at Blue Horse Farm (Jefferson, MD)
- Ashley Redman with PL Irish Pearl: 4th in Training Level, Test 3
4/27-28: Loudoun Hunt Pony Club Spring Horse Trials (Leesburg, VA)
- Olivia Howell with PL Lucky Valentine: 8th in Training Rider-B
4/19: Waredaca Spring Starter Horse Trials (Laytonsville, MD)
- Sofia Tamayo with Kenlake: 11th in Open Elementary
- April Tennyson with Maid of Duhallow: 7th in Open Elementary
4/13-14: The Maryland Horse Trials Starter #2 (Adamstown, MD)
· Ashley Redman with Flying Colors: 5th in Jr. Beginner Novice-A
· Sofia Tamayo with Kenlake: 9th in Elementary-B
Zoe Purser and PL Lucky Indy also went along to practice their dressage, and had a very successful day in the white box!
Big CONGRATS to Dr. Claire Godwin and Playland homebred PL Mercury on a very successful 2018 competition season and receiving TWO Horse of the Year awards! The 27-year-old grey gelding holds the record as being the oldest horse to finish both the Old Dominion 100 and the Tevis Cup.
First, PL Mercury received the The Eastern Crabbet Arabian Horse Society’s Horse of the Year award! You can read the rest of the article by clicking here: ecahsfeb2019. Additionally, PL Mercury was named the Arabian Horse Association’s Distance Horse of the Year! To read the entire article, click HERE.
We love hearing about our Playland homebreds, and are always so grateful when their new owners love them as much as we do! From Dr. Godwin:
“Thank you to everyone who has cheered him on this year and in years past. He is a delight and a welcome ‘good news story” when so many stories aren’t as cheerful,” Godwin said. “The most compelling thing about him is that he serves as an ambassador to all horsemen that wonder if their older horse could possibly be able to compete in distance riding. Horses live longer and feel better if they are exercised regularly, just like people. Merc serves as a positive model for the general public that distance riding is, at its best, correlated with longevity and the maintenance of wellbeing.”
Want more saddle time, but not ready to purchase your own horse? Don’t forget that we have a great partial lease program at the farm! Currently both PL Queenie and PL Contessa have openings in their schedules for new leasors.
Whether you want to start competing, or simply want to have more time to improve your riding, both Queenie and Contessa are available to suit your needs. We have both a 3-day/week and 2-day/week option. Keep reading for updated pricing:
$520 per month includes: 3 rides per week including 1 private lesson per week with head trainer Glenda Player + 1 free off-property hauling per month for schooling or shows + a lot of fun!
$440 per month includes: 2 rides per week including 1 private lesson per week with head trainer Glenda Player + a lot of fun!
Contact Glenda today at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
Playland Equestrian Center is looking to expand our team! Our ideal candidate would work full-time at the farm assisting Head Trainer Glenda Player in the day-to-day operations of the facility. Each day can be different, but job duties will include: grooming and tacking, traveling to shows, feeding and turning in/out, plus routine barn chores. Some riding can be a part of this job, but is not necessary.
Playland EC boasts a state-of-the-art facility, complete with a great group of boarders and horses! All staff work together towards common goals. Applicants should have excellent organizational skills, be able to take direction well, and be able to communicate in a professional and friendly manner. A great work ethic and good attitude are vital for this job and we’re happy to train the right candidate.
Compensation includes a weekly salary plus housing and board for one horse (if needed). We maintain a 6-day work week with consistent barn hours. Must be at least 18 years old and have your own transportation.
Please send resumes and references to Glenda Player at email@example.com.
3/23-24: The Maryland Horse Trials Starter #1 (Adamstown, MD)
· Malia Gibert with Wave Acide: 9th in Jr. Novice-A
Also a shoutout to Ashley and her new horse “Scribble” for completing their first event together. A slight technical blip on cross country kept them from a ribbon, but we’re so proud of how they tackled the day!
Alice hoping for another carrot!
3/1-3: Rocking Horse Winter III Horse Trials (Altoona, FL)
- Glenda Player with Dreams Come True: 16th in Open Novice
- Haley Hughes with Excalibur (formerly PL Irish Calib): 9th in Open Training-A