Playland Equestrian’s top-notch facility offers something for everyone!
Playland Equestrian Center, LLC is a family-owned property located in the beautiful countryside of Frederick County, Maryland. Nestled in rolling hills, the 160+ acre farm is the perfect horse haven for both horse and rider.
With its large indoor arena, two outdoor arenas (one jumping and one small dressage ring), enclosed round pen, two barns, 40+ acres of turnout, a cross-country schooling course, and lots of hay fields and woodlands to hack around and trail ride in, you and your horse will have ample opportunities to accomplish your goals!
|“I recently participated in a clinic with Stephen Bradley at Playland Farm and was impressed with the friendly, professional atmosphere at the farm. The grounds were nicely manicured, horses well cared for, and the people were all nice and accommodating. Glenda ensured my horse’s comfort overnight, confirming with me as to whether I would prefer her in a stall or paddock. I very much enjoyed my time there and will certainly go back!” – Laura D., Fairfax, VA|
Main features of the farm:
- 80′ x 200′ foot indoor arena featuring a 55” high kickboard, bright lighting, and stone dust/sand mix for completely dust-free footing.
- Upper barn featuring twenty-two 12’ x 12’ stalls including 9 Dutch door stalls, a 12-foot center aisle, hot/cold wash rack, grooming stall, feed and medical supply room, hay room, office, laundry, indoor restroom and tack room, all with radiant floor heat. The upper barn is also directly connected to the indoor arena.
- Lower barn with twelve traditional 10’ x 10’ stalls, a 10-foot center aisle, plus a 10′ x 20′ foaling stall. The barn has a hot/cold wash rack, feed room, tack room, and medical supply room.
- 100’ x 200’ foot outdoor arena featuring all-weather footing consisting of a base of 6 inches of stone dust with 3 inches of sand mixed thoroughly among the stone dust.
- Covered, 36′ round pen, featuring stone-dust base footing, sprinkler system, viewing deck and lighting.
- 80′ x 20′ foot outdoor warm-up arena with all-weather footing.
- Brand new spacious breeding building complete with thick mat flooring, 12’ x 12’ mare stall, and lab for collection processing.
- 50+ acres of rolling hills to trail ride or hack in
Other features of the farm:
- Multi-colored jumps and standards for schooling
- Cavelletti jumps set up on a nice sloping hill just outside the outdoor
- Cross-Country schooling course with jumps of varying heights and colors!
Future additions to Playland:
- Observation room/classroom attached to the indoor arena
- Expanded boarder tack room in the upper barn
- Boarder lounge and classroom
|“Everyone at Playland Farm took such great care of my horse Bart while I was away. I really appreciated knowing that I could trust he was always getting the best of the best care. Thanks Playland!” – Kim, Frederick, MD|